Thursday, July 20, 2006

A quick note as I head out the door . . .

So it's been a while since I posted, no? I can explain. First I went to Toronto for some much-needed me time. My sister and brother-in-law took me out for yummy Greek food and The Devil Wears Prada (I love that movie! The clothes! La Streep! Paris and New York!); I finally got my roots touched up (thank you thank you thank you Michael Barnett -- you rock!); I had dinner in Guelph with almost all of my closest girlfriends (such a sanity saver); and I had brunch at Bonjour Brioche with two of my favourite guys (you really should treat yourself to a croissant from BB -- they are so buttery and flaky and delish). All in all, a fab weekend -- it did wonders for my spirits and totally decimated my health. Since Monday I've been either 1. lying on the couch, moaning, trying to distract Charlie with my feeble attempts at horizontal parenting or 2. in bed, medicated to the hilt with Nyquil. Luckily I'm feeling much better because we're off to Boston tonight. Whee! Did you know that Boston is only about eight hours from Ottawa? Why that's practically how long it took us to get to my MIL's on Christmas Eve! But since we aren't total fools, we're stopping half way in Vermont tonight so we can hit the Ben & Jerry's factory tour tomorrow morning. (Just a word of advice, best not to mention the words "ice cream factory tour" to a 2.5-year old until the actual day of said tour. Because Charlie keeps asking with alarming frequency when we are going on the damn tour already. That and he's obsessed with the ducklings from "Make Way for Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey. He's convinced that we will see them at the Public Garden in Boston, and he will be able to hold one in his hand. I know that they have statues of the ducklings, so let's hope and pray that those suffice or else we're in for the meltdown of all meltdowns. Mental note: pack chocolate milk.) Then it's on to Boston and shopping, I mean, visiting our friends. Yes, that's it. I'll let you know how it goes, and maybe I'll even have a picture or two!

1 comment:

Andrew McAllister said...

Yeah ... I've yet to encounter a situation that wasn't improved with the addition of chocolate milk :o)