Friday, June 16, 2006

Pray for sunshine

We're off to a friend's cottage this weekend, and the amount of stuff we have to pack is mind-boggling. When I say "we" I mean "me" of course. Such are the responsibilities of a SAHM. Thrilling I know.

But I'm tempted to feck off on the packing to go strawberry picking. The Dekok family berry farm is open today! Hurrah! And strangely enough, berry picking actually entertained Charlie last year, so I'm hoping for a repeat performance this afternoon. I'm ever so hopeful that this year he might just eat a strawberry since just last night, for the first time in his young life, Charlie ate a raw carrot, some red pepper and a few cucumber slices. I was hooting like Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch, I was that happy to see Charlie consume raw veggies. Could potty training be next?

No comments: