Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Trippin'

Yikes, it has been a while since I posted. But I have a good excuse. I was in Florida for two weeks. With my mother-in-law. In a retiree campground. And I had to fly by myself with a two-year-old and switch planes in Chicago. And it was the best vacation ever!

How is that possible you may ask? Well, for starters I get along well with my MIL. And even though he might half-heartedly deny it, HS is her favourite (being the baby of the family). Although she has always been quite reserved with me, with Charlie she is a kissy-kissy, gooey, goofball. So of course he is absolutely nutso about her.

Second, my MIL rented a trailer in a retiree campground for all of us (my MIL, my MIL's sister, her husband, HS, Charlie and me). Uh-huh. That's five adults and one toddler (although according to Parent Center, Charlie is now a preschooler. Already? When did that happen?). I was pretty sure that wasn't going to work, because even though they have monster trailers that look like they've been tricked out by MTV's Pimp My Ride, they usually only have one bedroom. Maybe a pull-out couch. But since this was my MIL's first foray into the trailer lifestyle, I figured we sort it all out somehow. Luckily, after one night in the rental, my MIL rented us a two-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen that wasn't too far from the beach or the campground. So we had some space (in the apartment and from the campground), Charlie had his own room, and my in-laws were spared Charlie's early morning yodelling. And y'know, there's nothing like spending a lot of time in a retiree campground to realize that maybe 34 isn't so old after all. And if you're toting a two-year-old around said campground, everyone is extremely friendly.

Oh bloody hell. Charlie is supposed to be napping right now, but instead he is bellowing his discontent with his crib. WTF? He's been napping like a champ since those two horrid days of no naps, and now we're back to this? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will finish my Florida post later. Because there's more! Outlet malls! Free beer at Busch Gardens! and Sand! A two-year-old's favourite toy!

No comments: