Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dear head, Shut up.

I am supposed to start a new pack of birth control pills today. And I am hesitating. That's right, hesitating. And I'm thinking about calling Motherisk to find out if I can take St. John's Wort during pregnancy. What is going on?

Dear brain (and hormones, if you're listening, this one is for you too),

Now is NOT a good time to get pregnant. You are in a good space. Let's try life on an even keel for a while, shall we? Charlie is wonderful. Take time to enjoy him. And remember that list of things to do before having another baby? Why don't you try focusing on that instead, hmmmmmm? Please, please stop filling my head with warm fuzzy thoughts of newborns.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

1 comment:

scarbie doll said...

OMG I am also having these thoughts lately. He is growing up so fast and when I hold the newborns of others, it makes something ridiculous go off in my body. Something that my husband does not have, thankfully, and so he jolts me back to reality. Damn biology!